Tips To Ensure Proper Water Damage Restoration
Water damage is one of the worst things you can stumble on in your Anchorage home. Water is a pretty common thing in Anchorage, and the Mat Su Valley as it rains and snows most of the year. Water seems to be everywhere, however, water damage can become a severe problem if not taken care of. From the water damage restoration professionals at TCM Restoration, here are a few things you can do to help with your problem:
- If You Are Able, Find The Source: as stated above, time is of the essence to stop the water as soon as you can! If it is safe to do so, turn off the source. However, sometimes it is not possible to do so. If this is the case, do not panic. Contact your local plumber to come and do it for you, or turn off the main shut-off valve, if you know where it’s located.
- Keep An Eye Out For Hazards: water damage comes with a lot of safety issues and it is important to be safe. Watch out for things such as electrical wires, floors that may be slippery, or even odors that can be toxic from sewer backup – if that is where the source of the water is coming from. Water damage restoration can be messy, so be aware of these hazards to ensure proper (and safe) cleaning.
- Contact Your Local Professional Water Damage Restoration Team: this is a really important step. While you may think that you can clean it up all by yourself, using professional help will ensure that you have restored your home 100%. Here are a few reasons why you should use professional help:
- Cost Efficient: this may seem backwards, but it really is the most cost effective thing to do. The reason is because they use strict guidelines to mitigate the problem. They also have a lot of training with water damage cleanup and have a keen eye for ensuring no future damage.
- Years Of Experience: these specialists have been trained to know what to look for and how to handle the issue, and they get paid to do great work! Leave the stress of cleanup to them
- Contact Your Insurance Company: take notes on how the water damage occurred so you can fill them in. Let them know that you have been in touch with a professional team and let them get in contact with your insurance company.
- Move Your Possessions: remember, safety first, but if you are able, move your valuable things to higher ground. Water damage can be devastating almost immediately, and so eliminating items that could be affected is a good idea. If you have other helping hands, put your furniture on wood blocks or other high things that may help minimize the damage done to them as well.
Water Damage Restoration In Anchorage, Eagle River, Wasilla & Palmer
Water damage cleanup is a difficult challenge. Instead of worrying about doing it all yourself, contact your local water damage restoration crew, like TCM Restoration.
We’re Here To Help!