Spring Cleaning Time
April is the time of year to get Spring Cleaning done. It’s time to go through closets, cupboards and drawers and start getting rid of things you don’t need. It’s also a time to do a thorough deep cleaning of your entire home. If your time is too valuable for you to spend time cleaning then you should seriously think of hiring a house cleaner to do a Spring Cleaning for you. If you are in the Wasilla area our Cleaning Crew can take care of all your Spring House Cleaning needs.
For those of you who have the time and enjoy doing your own Spring Cleaning I thought I’d share with you some tips from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to ease the burden of Spring Cleaning:
- Develop a task list.
- Clean carpets, upholstery, draperies and even your mattress.
- Clean oven, refrigerator and other appliances.
- Clean fireplaces.
- Wash inside of windows.
- Wash woodwork.
- Clean out cupboards and closets.
- Change HVAC filters.
- Clean efficiently. Avoid going back and forth around a room. Instead, work using a systematic approach. Think in terms of left to right, top to bottom. Begin with ceilings and walls, and work your way down to windows and furniture, finishing with the floors.
- Hire cleaning service providers. For those tasks that require a specialist (i.e. carpet, upholstery and hard flooring cleaning), hire only certified professionals. Before hiring anyone, confirm that they are trained and certified in the type of work to be performed, informally interview the company representative or technician, obtain a written estimate of the work to be completed and receive a written contract or invoice confirming the total price and any statements or guarantees.